With the world finally waking up from their unconscious bias and canceling any and every thing that smells of bigotry, there is one company who’s been living on easy street peddling their bigoted propaganda for years. I’m of course talking about Walt Disney, which is finally getting its day of reckoning.
From racist caricatures in “Dumbo” and “Lady and the Tramp,” to the non-consensual kisses in “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and “Sleeping Beauty,” here are 5 more Disney films that are extremely problematic and cringe-worthy:
1. Toy Story: This abhorrent film teaches children to never throw their toys away which will ultimately results in them becoming hoarders. FACT: 90% of the people documented on the A&E TV show Hoarders admitted that Toy Story was their favorite movie!
2. Aladdin: Jasmine’s best friend is a tiger. Next thing you know, your child is hoping over the 12 foot steel iron fence at the zoo’s big cat exhibit to give the cute tiger a big wet kiss and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it!
3. The Little Mermaid. Gingers. Enough said.
4. Moana: The character of Heihei is a mentally handicapped chicken. Granted most chickens are stupid but it’s always wrong to assume that. Therefor portraying Heihei as a dumbass encourages children to make fun of other disabled poultry. Not to mention Heihei is voiced by Alan Tudyk, a white cis-gender man, NOT an actual chicken! Disgusting.
5. Peter Pan: This horrific piece of film teaches children that if their life sucks go ahead and jump out of the window. And don’t get me started on the alligator that bit off Captain Hook’s hand! That friendly creature was just trying to exist in its natural habitat and he was punished for doing what he’s designed to do…eat humans!